Expert testimony highly regarded by attorneys, judges, and juries for over 20 years.
Dr. Stan Smith is known for his comprehensive, yet straight-forward explanations of economic damages that any trier-of-fact can understand. His testimony has been called "an invaluable guide to the jury" by federal appellate courts. He has appeared in a wide array of speaking engagement that range from American Bar Association annual meetings, state trial lawyer conventions and many television and radio appearances, including Larry King Live.
- American Bar Assn Annual Meeting, Honolulu
- American Bar Assn Annual Meeting, San Francisco
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America Annual Meeting, Toronto
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America Winter Convention, Boca Raton, "Cutting Edge Developments in Economic Testimony"
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America Winter Convention, New Orleans, "Measuring the Loss of Enjoyment of Life in Personal Injury Cases - Hedonic Damages over the last 10 Years"
- American Trial Association Winter Convention, Palm Springs, "Making Tangible in Intangible: Replacement Household/Family Services"
- Larry King Live, CNN; Click to view video clip.
- National Academy of Economic Arbitrators Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Differences in Economic Assumptions in Personal Injury Wage Calculations
- National Association of Forensic Economics Annual Meeting, Atlanta
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Washington, D.C., Direct and Cross Examination of Economic Witness
- Defense Research Institute, Medical Malpractice Seminar, New Orleans
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, New Orleans, Litigating Accuracy Issues with Furnishers of Credit Data
- University of Chicago Annual Management Conference of Venture Capital
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, Orlando, "What the Experts Have Learned, A View From the Witness Box"
- Inner Circle of Advocates Annual Meeting, Sun Valley, ID
- Brain Injury Association Annual Conference for Attorneys, Phoenix
- Advocacy Institute, Continuing Legal Education Annual Seminar, Ann Arbor, "Wrongful Death of an Older Person"; Click to view video clip.
- Michigan Trial Lawyers Association Winter Seminar, Gaylord, "Hedonic Damages and Other Special Economic Issues"; Click to view video clip.
- "Aircrash," A&E; Click to view video clip.
- "Hedonic Damages," CLE-TV; Click to view video clip.
- News story on railroad crossing, NBC5; Click to view video clip.